Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Cycle has Ended.

Sex it twice and then run, enough for a taste but nothing more. 
I look into your eyes and see a passionate for the art. 
Is that all it is?
Try not to catch feelings baby and shed no tears while I'm near.
If there's one thing you should know about me is I don't stick around for the tears.
I'll kiss you tenderly when you're down, and give you a high when you are low but never will I carry you away like the sea.
I can feel you near me when we're far apart, hear your voice in my dreams, and smell the smoke that you are throughout town. 
Fixated on the "what if's" and doubts. 
In circles I go, wondering about love, life, and the pursuit of happiness. 
I toast to you, wishing an absence of pain and frustration. 
I care for you even when you think I'm dark and cold. 
I can't give you the world, but I can give you me. 
I try to get in your head to better understand, but I'm still left to think about it. 
You say one day I'll see. 
What is it you want me to see babe? 
That you aren't the asshole people make you out to be?
That your heart is bigger than Texas times three? 
Whatever it is I can already tell that you're different. 
I hope to learn for myself what it is that you want me to know...hope to one day be on similar pages baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment