Monday, October 26, 2015

Well...

It brings me great joy, to see you doubt me. 
To prove you wrong every time I wake up for another day. 
It cuts deep, but not too much. 
Just enough to ensure I'll be able to make a difference. 
Whether I'm someone's world, or just their demise at least I'm something. 
I just wanted to be there, I just wanted you near. 
Here I stand, all of me, but I'm just enough for everyone else but you. 
The truth cuts deep. 
You walk away, and return. 
I love you, but I can't let it show. 
The suns a little bright, the clouds' a little whiter, and all I can do I wish you well. 
Without realizing, you became the biggest thing in my life. 
Without even thinking you became that something I tried but will never have again. 
It's hard when you've met someone whose been through the struggle, but you gotta let go..because they belong to another. 
I'll always remember you, I'll always know you....I can only hope. 
Goodbye for now....
That's all they were waiting for..
For me to let you go, maybe that's all I was waiting for.  
Because the more I can push you away, the more I'm okay. 
Sorry for the selfish ways...but I've gotta do this for my future place...for all that I want to be...for all that I need to discover that will shape me into a better me. 
The good and the bad, I'll take it all...
In hopes of being a better present me than in the past...
It's all in hopes of being better than I was today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment