Saturday, December 5, 2015

Dark Matter.


My darkness might be my happiness.
So why are you so bright?

Why must you shine a light to all the shit that makes me thrive?
Good or bad, temporary or forever.
Live or die, God knows I try.

I strive for just short of perfection, live in between the lines in that little grey section. 
The darkness gave me purpose when there was none and at the same time took it all away.
Highs and lows.
Day and night.
Nothing was ever promised, but yet everything was in balance.

She knew the rhythm and blues, she created the black and the white.
Empty bottles lined the walls, empty shallow thoughts made her war go on. 
No one knew her soul was created from darkness.
That her life meant so little in the grand scheme of it all.

She was blessed with this heart that would ache for all eternity.
The most beautiful thing from it all.
If God gave her nothing else at least she had her song.
Her mind was easily distracted with all the pretty little things.

Who could blame her for feeling such pain/?
But who would ever love someone lost in the darkness?