Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Just So You're Fairly Warned.

I looked down and then up, there was love.
Right in my face like the fresh air on a summer morning.
I saw a passion arise from the night like fire.
Then the walls started to melt away.
I don't go above and beyond but for you I made that exception.
To know love is to have love, and to let it go is to finally understand that life goes on either way.
I see the birds and the bees getting together these days.
I drift away at sea and watch in a passive way.
What fears lie before thee?
What pains will I face today?
Certainly not those of yesterday, certainly not again I pray.
I reach up and there's your face, with a gentle embrace a calm washes over me.
I speak of such fires, and passions, and wonders because my heart is still a little astray.
If you think I speak the whole truth your wrong.
If you think you know me your wrong.
To know me is to love me baby, and your wrong.
I'm not your perfect lover, I'm not your china doll.
Just one lost soul finding its way.
One broken heart trying to piece it all together again.
I am me, I'm nothing more than what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment