Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Calm Before.

Our hearts shatter into a million pieces and one day they become whole again. 
I can say I'm okay because I don't have to deal with those who hurt me. 
I can love like I never loved before because every guy is different. 
Sure there are the scars that I deal with, the baggage I can sometimes carry along. 
But the hope, and the newness is there. 
I keep going back, I try my hardest to shut my memories off. 
To not see your face in my dreams or in reality. 
I pretend that the best feeling I've had in a long time never even existed. 
And it feels wrong but what can I do?
I ask for the reason why to no avail. 
And then I respectably step aside and out of your life. 
Because why add to the craziness, to the complications. 
Maybe this decision will set some things right in the universe. 
That new paths that lead to better things will show themselves. 
We can only hope, and wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment