Monday, June 23, 2014

A New One.

He made me laugh when a smile would never show on my face.
Giving me a hope for life that I still can't understand.
He jokes and plays and makes me feel better.
I don't understand why life is like this, why it's filled with different loves.
I don't think that I am supposed to go through life loving so many different loves, making so many different mistakes.
People walk in and out of your life like the seasons.
Well according to him, people come into your life like the seasons.
They come, they go.
They leave you sick, or riddled with hope.
For the first time I'm coming into my own, I'm getting things I've been wanting for so long.
But at the same time I'm losing a lot...
I can't say life is perfect, it's much better than before, but not perfect.
I have my heart locked away for safety, but my soul seeks fun and unsafe play.
I'll live a little.
I may hurt a little, but at least it's my choice.
At least I'm doing the things I desire.
They may all talk a pretty talk, and be on my team, but Lord only knows what they really are to me.
I know that my heart and my mind are one, so to truly recognize things, I need both.
Guess I'm not ready yet, so until then I will have my fun, experience it all...
And soak up the thought of people hating my life choices...
Why is my life your greatest story???
Look into the mirror, smoke up your trees, and paint your face to deceive, but leave me out of it.
I know life has much more in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment