Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ocean Faults.

There's been a shift in the winds..
The current picked up..not a storm per say, but the earth is no longer calm today.
I look across the horizon and see darkness.
The moon is high in sky, but there is no light illuminating.
I look up with hopeful eyes, but to no avail.
With closed eyes I feel soft lips on my neck..
I can't say that this isn't everything I've wanted, but is this a dream..?
When I open my eyes, everything comes into focus, and slowly fades away.
Firm hands are lifting me away.
"Don't hurt", only a soft whisper in my ear.
I drift away.
Waters are crashing down on me.
I'm floating away.
The moon glowing strong now, but he's so far away.
He looks with worried eyes as I'm washed away.
It's up to me to go to him, isn't it, I think.
I can't move.
My legs are as stone, and my heart is pounding.
I sink below the surface.
Watching as the moon turns into a distorted orb.
I can't look away.
They say your life flashes before your eyes, but the only thing I saw was that blurry moon.
Liars...I think as I slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment