Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Trying...

Being a better person doesn't come with age, it comes with realizing something.
After all the time that has passed..you still haven't figured it out, I said to myself..
I won't be good for you, I'll do it for me, is what I realized.
I'll stand strong and wear a proud face, because people come and go.
If I'm the best I can be because of someone that may leave 
then I won't have anything in me when they are gone.
I made that mistake once.,and the more I sit there and dwell on that problem the more stupid I feel.
It's believed that holding onto the past will have you forever stuck in it...
I can't express how often that has been the case.
I hold onto all the pain..21 years of pain. 
I feel pain from times I wasn't even alive, from times I was barely even a thought.
It all hurts.
The most "selfish" person is really the most caring..most compassionate..most loving.
I bottle the true me deep down inside because no one deserves it, hell I don't even deserve it.
I tell lies about my good qualities, because I don't want to let someone down with my bad ones..
These tales I tell about my life aren't real..they aren't the true me.
It's just how one person made me feel and think.
I can't always point a finger.
I can't always be confined this way, can I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment