Monday, March 9, 2015

As you do me.

I miss you so. I let go of the present in order to detach and grasp ahold to my past. I mean maybe I can't move on until I face it. I wiped all of our memories away. Now you're just a distant thought. A less hindering burden. I loved you and I let you go because you threw me away so long ago. I used to think of you so high and mighty like. I was a fool in love. I was a troubled girl. I replay the sweet memories and still recall our inside jokes. Will I ever forget you? I look into eyes, I taste lips, I please the soul. But everything I'm looking for probably won't come. Surely this is all false hope. I learn to love even when I don't like it. I share my heart, I share every little battle I had to fight. I give you me even when nothing is left. And I always remember that I am but a lone vessel trying to find some substance. But it's not enough. For you were never enough for me. So we dance along the line. Loving but not liking, seeing but not feeling, searching but to no avail. But when you let me go it was just a good a feeling as when you fell in love with me. Oh how I savor the joyous pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment