Thursday, March 19, 2015

She Will Always Leave

The lights dim, the breathing heavies.
I close my eyes and my mind begin to wonder...
I can't sit still, and I know exactly why.
I flutter like a bird and jump to my feet.
Leaving you in the middle of the night is the only control I can find.
I don't want to watch you sleep, I don't want to hold you tight.
I slip out the door onto the balcony.
Having some time and earth all to myself.
My love echoes in the background...
"and if I die before I wake..
I pray the lord my soul to take, but please don't cry
 just know that I, have made these songs for you..."
For someone who spent so much time alone I never really got used to it.
I don't like cuddling because that's too comforting.
I can't hold your hand because that symbolizes unity.
I can't take your kisses anywhere but the mouth because that means you love me.
Maybe it's all in my head.
Perhaps I don't even know what I'm talking about.
You came into my life and I didn't even know what I was in for..
I just hope that when you break my heart I can get back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment