Monday, April 20, 2015

I Try.

It's like a movie. 
The scenes keep flashing back, like all the great highlights. 
My heart fills and collapses with each one. 
Little by little I lose hope. 
You really don't know how good something is until it's gone. 
Until you see it halfway out the door. 
In my life I've learned that you can't plead and beg, the choice has to come from within them. 
And I chose you a long time ago. 
It's been a month now since I realized how I felt about you. 
And I still haven't told you. 
Everything I do, everything I say, mostly, it's all been out of love. 
The laughs, the hand holds, the butt grabs, even holding you while you sleep. 
I chose to always be there because that meant I was with you. 
That for a few hours out of the day it was just you and I. 
And nothing else mattered. 
I may not be winning the award for humanitarian or even a ribbon for best attitude but I was always there. 
Whether it's because you needed me or I needed you. 
We were there, together, for one another. 
And it was all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment